What are the entrance requirements for the AAMT Fellowship program?
Per ABPTRFE guidelines, all applicants must meet the following requirements prior to being admitted into the AAMT fellowship program:
1. Applicants must be a licensed physical therapist in the state that they plan to complete their clinical mentored training within.
- Applicants may apply to AAMT with a temporary physical therapy license in the state that they plan to conduct mentored training in.
- Foreign applicants may apply, but they must be licensed to practice in the state that they will conduct training prior to the start date of the fellowship.
2. Applicants must meet one or more of the following qualifications:
- ABPTS specialist certification in a related specialty area (e.g. OCS), or
- Graduate of an ABPTS credentialed residency program in a related specialty area, or
- Demonstrable specialty skills within a specialty area (e.g. Cert. SMT, Cert. DN, COMT, MTC)